We take a look at some of the key Hyundai A-League stats ahead of Sunday’s clash against Newcastle Jets at McDonald Jones Stadium.
- The Wanderers are undefeated in their last six games against Newcastle (W5, D1), and have kept four clean sheets in that period.
- In fact, the Wanderers have never lost when they’ve travelled to McDonald Jones Stadium to face the Jets, picking up five wins and two draws on their travels there.
- The Jets haven’t won at home in the A-League since January 2017, picking up just three draws from five home fixtures since.
- The Wanderers are undefeated in their last nine games away from home within New South Wales (W6, D3), a span which includes three wins against Newcastle at McDonald Jones Stadium.
- Newcastle lead the league in total shots (42), shots on target (joint-highest, 14) and goals scored (9) after three rounds this campaign.
- The Jets and Wanderers have each won just 11 corners so far this season, the joint-fewest of any teams in the competition.
- Roy O’Donovan has bagged five goals already this season; only one Newcastle player (Andrew Nabbout, 8) scored more goals across the entire 2016/17 campaign.
- Oriol Riera has scored at least one goal in each of his first six top-flight games he has played for the Wanderers thus far (four goals in three FFA Cup games, three goals in three A-League games).