OPTA Data have crunched the numbers ahead of Saturday’s match against Central Coast Mariners at Spotless Stadium.
- Western Sydney Wanderers have won their last three Hyundai A-League fixtures against Central Coast Mariners and will be aiming for a fourth consecutive Hyundai A-League win over the Mariners for the very first time.
- Western Sydney Wanderers’ last Hyundai A-League game against the Mariners at Spotless Stadium saw them record their first win there against the Mariners; they had previously played out two draws and suffered one defeat at the venue.
- The Wanderers are aiming for back-to-back wins at Spotless Stadium for the first time since October 2017; incidentally, their most recent game at Spotless was against the Mariners in Round 7 this season, the Wanderers winning 2-0.
- Central Coast Mariners have lost their last eight games away from home, their worst losing streak on the road in the Hyundai A-League. This is despite leading at half-time in three of their last four away games.
- Western Sydney Wanderers and Central Coast Mariners have each conceded seven goals from headers this season, the most of any side in the Hyundai A-League.
- Western Sydney have recorded 91 shots on target this season in the Hyundai A-League; only Melbourne Victory (96) have managed more.
- Andrew Hoole (Central Coast Mariners) has scored all three Mariners goals in their last two Hyundai A-League games, with two coming from set pieces.
- Brendan Hamill (Western Sydney Wanderers) has made 94 clearances this season, the most of any player and 30 more than the Wanderers next-best (Elrich – 64).