SIS50319 Diploma of Sport + BSB50215 Diploma of Business
The new Western Sydney Wanderers Sport & Business Program is designed to give you the opportunity to study in a practical, hands-on learning environment, and gain real experience in the sports industry working alongside the Western Sydney Wanderers (WSW).
The Sport & Business Program, powered by SEDA Group will allow students the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge across a variety of areas including sponsorship, project and event management, talent identification, social media and marketing.
You will connect and learn from sports industry experts, coaches and elite athletes. You will also gain insight into the business elements involved in a large elite sporting organisation.
You will have the opportunity to study a curriculum matched to your interests, complete a practical placement, run major projects, and participate in Football-specific high-performance activities, designed to further develop your skills and experience.
Upon successful completion, you will have the opportunity to move into further study with one of our higher education providers, or transition into the workforce, equipped with the knowledge and attributes for a successful future.
- Gain an understanding of what it is like to work across different roles in the sports industry
- Connect with WSW staff in roles including management, marketing, administration, events and gain access to WSW players and coaches.
- Match day assistance at home games
- Coaching and officiating at clinics
INTAKE & DURATION
- January 2023 intake
- 36-weeks duration
- Dual Diploma program comprising the SIS50319 Diploma of Sport, and the BSB50215 Diploma of Business
- Program includes specialisations in Sport Development and Coaching, in addition to the requirements to satisfy the SISSS00116 High Performance Coach skill set
- Four (4) days of face-to-face training and assessment, inclusive of facilitated online delivery for some subject areas
- Minimum of 80 hours of practical placement in industry
- High-performance athlete development sessions, supported by the team at WSW
- Access to industry-leading facilities to complete practical sessions
- Qualifications subject to change
Western Sydney Wanderers & SEDA
The Western Sydney Wanderers have partnered with SEDA Group as the leader in applied learning in the sport industry. The partnership allows students to gain industry-recognised qualifications and unique insights into football and sports industry experts.
1300 777 332
*Western Sydney Wanderers provides marketing and promotional services on behalf of SEDA Group (RTO Provider: 22503) relating to the recruitment of prospective students for this program.