John Tsatsimas, the CEO of the Western Sydney Wanderers Football Club wishes to address the agreed outcome for all fans and members attending Wanderers matches.
Following extensive meetings over the past five months between the Western Sydney Wanderers Football Club, NSW Police, Football Federation Australia, Pirtek Stadium management and representatives of the RBB we have been able to work through a number of items to achieve an agreed outcome for all fans and members attending Wanderers matches.
The Wanderers wish to clarify the following information:
- There is no ban on the pre-match march based on the continued adherence to protocols that apply for any organised public gathering;
- There is no ban on standing, clapping, singing or jumping up and down within the venue;
- All approved concession items including flags and banners will still be allowed in the venue as per the pre-existing venue terms of admission;
- There is no ban on the approved capo stand or the use of loud hailers based on pre-existing terms of admission;
- Overcrowding of bays, standing on seats, blocking aisles, repetitive offensive language will be managed in accordance with established terms and conditions of entry. These policies are in the best interest of public safety and should be adhered to at all times by all spectators. These terms of entry have been in place since our first ever match.
The Club remains steadfast in our position of zero tolerance to anti-social behaviour and flare use.
To assist in preserving our match day experience the Club has appointed Supporter Marshalls and NSW Police have agreed to implement Fan Liaison Officers and regular, familiar officers to police all Wanderers home matches. These individuals will provide all fans and members an initial point of interaction with regards to the safety and security of all patrons.
Our continued goal as a club is to ensure all Wanderers match days have the atmosphere and passion that is celebrated and revered both nationally and internationally.
We look forward to seeing our members at the first match of the season next Thursday night in Wanderland to create the incredible and passionate atmosphere to cheer our boys onto an opening night win.