The Western Sydney Wanderers are proud to continue their support of the Ronald McDonald House by participating in McHappy Day today, Saturday 17 October.
The Wanderers have been passionate supporters of the Ronald McDonald House for numerous years and have regularly visited the children and their families providing a pathway for them to meet their heroes.
Last year, Brendon Santalab was announced as an ambassador for the charity after spending countless hours at the house giving back to the Western Sydney community.
McHappy Day encourages individuals to go to their local McDonalds Restaurant and either donate, purchase a Big Mac or McHappy Day socks with proceeds going towards Ronald McDonald House charities.
The fundraising day now its 25th year has successfully raised over $28 million to help change the lives and support seriously ill children and their families.
Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League players that did not travel to Adelaide will be in attendance at various McDonalds Restaurants in Western Sydney to show their support.
There is also time still remaining to enter the “Ultimate Fan Burger” competition which encourages Wanderers fans to design a burger at the Create Your Taste section at their local McDonalds.
The winning burger design and its designer will go a trip for two to watch the Western Sydney Wanderers take on Melbourne Victory in Melbourne on 6 February.
To find out more on how you can enter click here.
Players will be appearing at various McDonalds in Western Sydney today:
- Brendon Santalab: Kellyville Ridge (Cnr of Merriville and Windsor Rd) 10.00am – 10.30am
- Liam Youlley: North Penrith (Cnr of Mulgoa Rd and Peachtree Ave) 10.30pm -11.15am
- Alusine Fofanah: Minchinbury (Cnr of Great Western Highway & Colyton Rd) 12.30pm – 1.00pm
- Shayne D’Cunha: Castle Hill (3 Showground Rd) 12.30pm -1.15pm
- Daniel Alessi: Northmead (225 Windsor Rd) 1.30pm – 2.15pm
- Tara Pender: Blacktown (Cnr of Third Avenue and Sunnyholt Rd) 10.00am – 10.30am