PS4 NPL NSW Men’s 1 Round 10 Review


APIA Leichardt Tigers 0-0 Bonnyrigg White Eagles, at Lambert Park
APIA Leichhardt Tigers and Bonnyrigg White Eagles were too evenly matched, as they played out a scoreless draw at Lambert Park.
Both sides had their chances, but neither could take them as the points were evenly shared.
Nathan Elasi and Ray Miller both had one-on-one chances that they couldn’t take, while APIA keeper Ryan Norval made two good saves from Tynan Diaz and Robbie Younis as he kept a deserved clean sheet.
Younis and fellow number 9 Blake Powell were fighting an uphill battle in this one, as Powell’s run of nine consecutive games with a goal came to an end.
Manly United 1-1 South Coast Wolves, at Cromer Park
Manly United were coming off their sterling win at Edensor Park last weekend and although they were fast out of the blocks here, they eventually had to share the points with South Coast Wolves. 
Dylan Mitchell was recalled between the sticks for Manly but was powerless to stop Peter Simonoski’s penalty, awarded by referee Kelly Jones after a foul by Jamie Lobb.
Manly found a way back into the game via an own goal by James O’Rourke, who turned a cross by Adam Parkhouse past his goalkeeper Tommy Manos into the back of his own net.
Manly ran the game out far the stronger, but couldn’t find a winning goal that at times looked inevitable.
Marconi Stallions 1-3 Sydney United 58 FC, at Marconi Stadium
Marconi Stallions were looking for back-to-back wins for the first time this season, but they fell short against neighbours Sydney United 58 FC.
Reds striker Robbie Mileski gave his side the lead with a scrappy goal, before doubling their lead with his second of the game.
Richard Cardozo scored the third for the Reds before the break and it looked like it would turn into a procession.
However Robbie Shields pulled one back for Marconi early in the second half to add a touch of credibility to the scoreline.
Blacktown City 3-0 Blacktown Spartans, at Lilys Football Centre
Blacktown City came away with all three points from the battle of Blacktown.
The home side had visiting goalkeeper Carlos Saliadarre to thank for the opening goal, after his error allowed Mitchell Mallia to lob the ball straight back over his head.
Mallia, looking fit again after injury troubles, doubled the lead with his second of the game.
A late goal to Joe Gibbs blew the score out even further, and saw Blacktown City wrap up the points, and bragging rights. 
Sydney Olympic 2- 1 Sutherland Sharks, at Belmore Sports Ground
It may have been Grand Final day in the Hyundai A-League but the team with the most ever Grand Final appearances was at Belmore Sports Ground as Sydney Olympic showed their prowess by defeating the Sutherland Sharks by 2-1.
A double by Melbourne born striker Dimitri Hatzimouratis all but cancelled out Sharks’ Nick Littler’s goal that all but gave the Blues a valuable three points against a gallant Sutherland outfit.
Rockdale City Suns 0-1 Parramatta FC, at Ilinden Sports Centre
Parramatta FC scored an all important victory downing in form side Rockdale City Suns at llinden Sports Centre on a chilly Sunday afternoon in Sydney’s South.
It was a second half goal from Daniel Rezo that gave Parramatta coach Franco Consentino and his squad a much needed three points much to the dismay of the Suns faithful.