A double from Remy Siemsen has powered Sydney FC to a 2-0 derby win over the Western Sydney Wanderers in the A-League Women.

The forward grabbed a goal either side of the break at Parramatta’s Commbank Stadium on Saturday to take her tally for the season to three and her brace ensured the Sky Blues’ winning start to the campaign remains intact.

But despite their perfect start, coach Ante Juric was unimpressed by his side’s composure. 

“I was pleased with the three points but not the performance,” he said.

“There were a lot of missed passes, no consistency and we didn’t really create chances even though we were in the front third. 

“The girls were saying it was a bit of a fight and when we had the ball we gave it away again.

“Remy scored two goals so you’ve got to be happy with that, she seems very confident coming back from the Matildas and she’s getting better and better.”

The Wanderers, meanwhile, have yet to score this season after a goalless draw against Wellington in week one and they were unable to pose any problems for Jada Whyman in the Sydney FC goal.

Sydney signalled their intent early when Sarah Hunter’s free-kick was deflected over the bar in the sixth minute after Cortnee Vine had been brought down by Danika Matos.

They soon had the breakthrough when Princess Ibini fed Mackenzie Hawkesby behind the Wanderers defence and the midfielder fired a shot at Sarah Langman from an awkward angle.

Langman was only able to parry the shot away and Siemsen, who was darting into the six-yard box, finished with ease to give the Sky Blues the lead in the 18th minute.

The Wanderers surrendered possession far too cheaply and Siemsen sent further warnings in the direction of the home side as she linked up with Vine and Ally Green on either flank.

Sheridan Gallagher’s decision to bundle Hunter over and earn a booking after the half-time whistle was an apt summary of the Wanderers’ frustration in the opening 45 minutes.

That misery continued after half-time when Erica Halloway gave the ball away as Western Sydney attempted to play out from the back.

With too little on the pass inside, Hawkesby gratefully picked up the loose ball and found Siemsen in the box.

The forward dropped her shoulder and wound up to fire in her second goal from the edge of the area beyond Langman’s outstretched arms.

The second-half introduction of Bryleeh Henry gave the Wanderers some better movement in the final third.

The teenager could well have pulled one back when Libby Copus-Brown whipped in a cross from the right but Henry, who had a free header, was unable to test Whyman and glanced the effort wide.